To love, praise and serve God in this life through encouraging and equipping homeschooling families, as well as honoring each family's approach to education; knowing that each of us home-educate for a variety of reasons, always aiming to educate above reproach, in order to send our children forth with a stronger foundation for all of life.
WHO WE ARE:
Faithful Scholars is a S. C. Third Option Accountability Association operating under legal section 59-65-47. We will help you navigate legally and confidently in South Carolina by offering you great supportive components in the forms of workshops, weekend retreats, testing information and links, current e-mail alerts and reminders as well as assistance for all academic levels, including college bound students. For college bound students we offer class ranking, high school diploma's and officialy, college accepted transcripts. Our workshops and retreats are open to all homeschooling families regardless of membership with Faithful Scholars. Our philosophy is that we are nurturing souls and have the priviledged calling of introducing an on-going, life-long relationship with academic materials, rather than creating 'products' to be measured.
- NEW!! OnLine Application for new members!
- Faithful Scholars will notify your local school district, PER YOUR WRITTEN CONSENT, and will annually notify S.C. Board of Education of your home schooling status. We assure you that no personal information is ever shared with another individual nor the school board unless requested by you.
- A beautiful time saving service that our members receive is an on-line compliance and renewal process.
- A support page to assist in the locating of homeschool programs, tutors, support groups, homeschooling family businesses and other treasures in our area. If you know of a business or program operated by or directed by a homeschooling family please bring it to our attention and we will add it when we update our site.
- Simple high school forms to assist in your daily subjects and end of the semester/transcript numerical records.
- Explanations of the various testing options, costs and links according to grade level.
- Stories of real life situations to encourage and equip you.
- Workshops, round table discussions and weekend retreats addressing issues that face every homeschooling family: beginning homeschooling, pre-schoolers and homeschooling, record keeping and legalities, uncertainty, high school issues and more.
- Discounted membership rates to Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA). When applying use group number 299190.
- Discounted membership rates to Enchanted Learning- an excellent educational web site full of ideas, downloads and printoffs on every subject under the sun. Highly recommended for elementary and early middle school years.
- Discounted membership rates to SC Home Educators Association (SCHEA) who keep us abreast of local and national legislation issues through e-mails, partnership with a state convention, semi-annual Day-at-the-Capitol and occasional local discussion groups. SCHEA is a volunteer organization that keeps our home school rights, needs and presence visible in the state and national political arena. If you are able to support them we highly recommend doing so as membership donations support their total cost of operation.
- Discounted membership rates to Monday's Artists fine arts program which offers affordable, professional instruction in art, public speaking, drama, music and chorus. High school credit may be applied for our upper level courses.
- As a member of Faithful Scholars you are welcome and free to participate in many of the trips and activities offered by Carolina Homeschooler. Carolina Homeschooler is a wonderful group that organizes affordable trips (local and abroad), day trips, field trips, public events and discussion boards on issues of interest and concern.
- Free membership to South Carolina ETV Streamline. SCETV manages learning resources for SC schools, offering thousands of video clips, education programs, and photographs. Visit their website to sign up.
WHY FAITHFUL SCHOLARS?
Faithful Scholars is dedicated to being a present and responsive accountability group that actively and continually assists our members to grow in knowledge, confidence and enjoyment of their home school. Being based in Fort Mill, SC we are accessible to our local members, but also able to be in touch with our distance members by e-mail, phone and our relaxing weekend retreats and workshops.
- Faithful Scholars will enhance your home centered education through our inexpensive workshops pertaining to the difficult and sometimes daunting hurdles of beginning home schooling, and all of the other issues that come with the kindergarden, elementary, middle and high school years.
- Our High School Specialist has over twenty years experience of teaching, grading, transcripts, tutoring, SAT and test taking preperation. He is equally expert in assisting students create unique, appealing college applications that stand out and leading mock interview sessions in order to gain scholarships.
- Our Elementary Specialist has over twenty years of teaching experience from tutoring and facilitating in traditional school settings, being in those honorable homeschool trenches, as well as in programs such as Fun Friday, Classical Conversations, Monday's Artists and Faith Formation.
- In an effort to be most effective with your time and ours, please look through the Frequently Asked Questions and other website sections to see if your questions may have already been addressed. Someone at Faithful Scholars will be accessible by e-mail or phone to answer your questions and meet any needs that we are able.