GRADING POLICY FOR DUAL ENROLLMENT
- Colleges apply letter grades rather than numerical grades. Faithful Scholars and most other transcript producing entities convert the letter grade to a numerical grade by selecting the “Middle Number”. For our SC 10 Point SCUGP Scale, that means that an “A” becomes a 95%. In some cases, this may cost your student a few points but in others, it might gain him/her a few points. Over the years we have tracked the outcome and it is a wash in the majority of cases. **Remember that ALL of our dual credit students receive the same conversion, so you are playing on a level playing field.
- Note that your child’s dual credit grades should balance with the grades they are receiving at home and other programs. If they are markedly different, please be prepared to support your grading policies. These are either huge red flags or green lights when applying to colleges.
- Standardized test scores are another area needing more attention by homeschoolers as they either confirm or cause questions in regard to at home grading policies. Want more information on preparing for Standardized tests, how scores can earn you scholarship money, and how to understand how GPA can relate to test scores? The full article is available only for our Faithful Scholars’ members….Join Faithful Scholars
OUR GOALS: to educate and guide you in your role of administrator while supporting and encouraging you in your role of parent-educator. We love what we do, and we do what we love with attention to your individual needs.
COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS must be mailed annually by or before June 10th to
Faithful Scholars, 1761 Ballard Lane, Fort Mill, SC 29715 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DUAL CREDIT will be awarded for academic core classes. These are typically courses that are able to be transferred from one college to another for credit such as math, English, computer science, psychology, etc.
HONORS CREDIT will be awarded for non-core academic classes if supporting documentation is provided to indicate increased rigor and study beyond the classroom and textbook such as health, music, art, etc.
COLLEGE PREP CREDIT will be awarded for all other non-core non-academic elective focused courses such as floral arrangements, basket weaving, etc.
REMEDIAL COURSES such as Math 032, or Eng 031, etc at York Tech, will be assigned College Prep credit.
If you are graduating your first child expect this part of your first year to be a bit emotional and to take a minimum of 3 weeks to complete. If there is a deadline or rush please expedite your transcript AND email me AND maintain a steady contact until your transcript has been received.
We handle each student’s transcript as an individual school which means a lot of attention to details, questions for confirmation, guidance toward building a strong transcript that will gain a second look by registrars, as well as guidance as to the purpose of a transcript. Want to read more….the full article is available for Faithful Scholars’ members only. Join Faithful Scholars
- submit an On-Line Electronic Transcript Worksheet by or before June 10th of the given year
- note that this requires a minimum of 21 days to process
- or expedite to process within 48 hours for an additional $50